Below are some common questions, feel free to contact us if your questions are not answered below.
1. What should I do if I have a badly broken window and rain is coming into the house?
2. Does toughened glass have to be used in all windows and doors?
3. If my window is cracked, what can I do to make it safe?
4. Can I install a cat or dog door in a wooden door?
5. Are glass showers easy to clean?
6. Are there any window cleaners on the market that don't streak?
7. Does tinting your windows cut down fading?
8. Is there a maximum size for a window pane?
9. Do you supply and install splashbacks?
10. What kind of glass do I need in my bathroom?
11. How are mirrors installed?
12. Do you instal frameless showers?
13. What thickness does the glass need to be for frameless showers?
14. What do I do about cracked putty in wooden frames?
15. Do frames need to be primed before replacing putty?
16. The rubbers in my aluminium frames have shrunk, What can I do?
17. Do frames need to be primed before replacing putty?
18. My ranchslider is not sliding properly what can I do?
19. We need extra security, what do you suggest?
1Q. What should I do if I have a badly broken window and rain is coming into the house?
A. Find a sheet of plastic or cardboard and tape it over the opening from the outside, this will reduce the chance of further damage and reduce any further insurance claim.
5Q. Are glass showers easy to clean?
A. Yes, they are, but by using a towel after using the shower would keep the glass clean - preventing water stains. New Showers can be protected for the life of the glass with a new revolutionary product called Diamond Fusion applied before installation.
9Q. Do you supply and install splashbacks
A. Yes we do. Any colour, any size or shape, custom fitting around range hood and powerpoints. These can be used in wet areas as all splash backs are sealed at the base to stop moisture uptake. All splash backs are sealed and glued to the wall using VGO neutral silicon. Easy clean, toughened safety glass. View our products page to see more.
12Q. Do you instal frameless showers?
A. Yes. View our products page to see more.
13Q. What thickness does the glass need to be for frameless showers?
A. 8mm minimum but 10mm is recommended. View our products page to see more.
14Q. What do I do about cracked putty in wooden frames?
A. Carefully chip out old putty, without hitting any sprigs or nails. For best results call Chris Smith Glass, 07 348 5038 on our 24 Hour Service.